18 August 2008

xxxBradford Cox, Where is the line with you?XXX

I think that question has been answered.
On Saturday Bradford Cox (brain child behind Deerhunter and Atlas Sound) posted a link to download Virtual 7" No. 4, (as he normally offers us free lovely little musical experiments etc...) not aware of the fact that anyone could access his unlocked Mediafire account from that link. WOOOPS!!!! A deerhunterhteband.blogspot.com reader (we are, but it wasn't us!) found Brad's Deerhunter unmastered Weird Era Cont. (intended to be a surprise bonus to stir up the fans due to Microcastle leaking so early, and Brad's Atlas Sound unreleased Logos, and decided they were a gift to the world. This led Bradford to four hours of inner-blog battle & questionings:
C U N T
Published: Today, 12:46 AM
Author: noreply@blogger.com (bradford cox)

Whoever posted this: YOU ARE FUCKED. I don't believe you. I can't understand how you go on living.

He then gave a "fuck this shit," to the future projects prospective finishing points and taunted the thieves with a link to download, "if you'd like to pay for hearing it, send a paypal donation"):

Logos (R.I.P.) 2007-2008
Published: Today, 3:22 AM
Author: noreply@blogger.com (bradford cox)

Fuck this shit. I can just make another album. It's not finished and now it never will be. It was also going to have a rad cover. i would describe it to you but that would be stupid. P.S. there are no vocals on Quick Canal. I never got the chance to record them. This record was not free to record, so if you'd like to pay for hearing it send a paypal donation to lastdeerhunteronearth@yahoo.com. I am not a fucking opportunist so don't think I expect it.

And his final thought.

Whatever.
Published: Today, 3:47 AM
Author: noreply@blogger.com (bradford cox)

I have no idea what people want me to do. I'm not trying to be a cunt to anyone. I will finish the fucking album and stop bitching. I honestly really truly do not want attention from this. Sincerely. I wish none of this shit would have happened. I was just trying to give away another virtual 7". Now everyone that reads this thing is going to think i'm a fucking lunatic. I just have nothing to do. I guess I'll go clean my room.

And then he deleted them all.

Here's an "unstolen" gem (don't fuck with Bradford!):


Annnnyyywayyyy.... I guess that makes me feel a little guilty about having heard Microcastles... but the amazingness of the album kinda takes those pangs away. Sorry Bradford, some of us are a little too obsessed for our own good. Luckily, others of us, well-we drew the line somewhere. I'm just hoping we get to hear those albums... one person fucks up, everyone suffers. Ain't that the way?

=Making One *Haute Mess*

No comments: